The Managing Partner of Dentons Tashkent
He specializes in corporate, contract, commercial, construction and tax law. He assists clients in the energy, chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas, infrastructure and transportation, corporate, and investment sectors.
Eldor has experience advising Uzbek and foreign clients on the incorporation of limited liability companies, litigation and dispute resolution, due diligence , M&A transactions, purchase of immovable assets and the privatization of state-owned property. He also advises on taxation regulations affecting local and foreign corporations, permanent establishments, tax optimization structures, licensing of design, construction and operation activities in various fields (EPC, FIDIC contracts).
Recognized as a leading lawyer in projects and construction, Eldor assists clients in drafting commercial agreements including EPC, procurement, construction, services and/or works agreements (according to both Asian Development Bank or World Bank standards). He also advises companies in the oil and gas sector on exploration service agreements, agreements under Clean Development Mechanism (Kyoto Protocol), investment agreements, EPC contracts, and production sharing agreements. He also supports major projects by providing practical legal advice on employment issues (including the employment of foreign nationals) and drafting governmental resolutions for investment projects.
• Asian Development Bank: Serving as National Legal Consultant on Institutional Reforms to the Technical Assistance Project on reforms of State Owned Enterprises in Road Sector Projects (TA-8950).
• Asian Development Bank: Serving as National Legal Consultant to the Technical Assistance Project on the eligibility of State Owned Enterprises in Road Sector Projects (RSC-C13821).
• Various clients in Navoi Free Economic Industrial Zone: Advising on the incorporation of joint ventures specializing in the production of chemical products and electronics. Advice included drafting and negotiating constitutional documents, joint venture agreements, incorporation procedures, etc. Various clients: Advising several foreign investors with regard to the procedures within the Ministry of Justice.
• Due diligence work for admission (listing) to the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (AIM).
• Chemical company: Advising on a US$897 million EPC contract for an ammonia and urea plant project in Uzbekistan.
• Manufacturing company: Advising on a US$440 million EPC contract for a PVC plant project in Uzbekistan.
• Railway company: Advising on a US$455 million contract for a 19.1 km railway tunnel project in Uzbekistan.
• Energy company: Advising on a US$900 million EPC contract for a combined cycle power plant project in Uzbekistan.
• Energy company: Advising on a €340 million EPC contract for a combined cycle power plant project in Uzbekistan.
• Chambers & Partners (Global and Asia-Pacific), since 2011
• The Legal 500, since 2013
• Who’s Who Legal, since 2013
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
• Managing Partner – Dentons Tashkent (formerly Avent Advokat), Tashkent (June 2017 to date)
• Managing Partner – Avent Advokat, Tashkent (2007-2017)
• Senior Lecturer – Course Leader for LL.M. program – Westminster International University in Tashkent (2004 to date)
• Legal Counsel – State Joint-Stock Company “Uzavtoyul” (2005-2008)
• Lawyer – Road Consulting Bureau LLC (2002-2004)